Mazhapolima was a community-based and decentralised well recharge programme. The goal was to set up a project support unit in order to recharge all open wells in the district, ensuring sustainable access to water.
- Recharge groundwater by feeding rainwater into open wells, ponds, and borewells.
- Improve drinking water availability and service level.
- Create an alternative sanitation model for coastal other densely-populated areas of the district.
- Reduce the impact of drought and consequent public spending on tanker water for water-stressed regions.
- Strengthen the decentralization program and the Panchayathi Raj Institutions.
- Generate knowledge and create a database about the local water resources.
- Share these models.
- Influence policy-making in favour of decentralized service delivery and management in the water sector.
*Grant amount & beneficiary figures are as per actuals for completed projects.